View Single Post
      03-07-2020, 10:11 AM   #46
Carneylad
Private
Rep
Drives: G05 M50d, Tesla Model 3

My observations:
FYI, I don't have temperate cup holder which means the wireless pad is in portrait orientation and slightly angled upwards towards the front.

When my iPhone X is in the wireless charger, it slides down to the base of the pad. The light comes on and the phone begins to "charge". 30-ish minutes later and the phone shuts down due to overheating. However, if I place the phone on the pad upside down (face up still, just the ear piece is at the bottom) the phone charges very slowly but doesn't get as hot.

Also, my display key rarely charges on the pad. It too just overheats. I think this is due to the fact that the coil is positioned centrally on the pad and due to the incline, the devices slide to the bottom and are therefore not properly aligned.

I recently got an iPhone 8+ from work (they must have gotten it from a museum) and due to its obnoxiously large size, it seems to charge absolutely fine. No issues with it at all so far.

Seems to me like it's just a positioning issue however, unlike a wireless charging pad you'd have at home, if it's not properly lined up, it shuts off, the one in the car keeps trying to charge regardless and causes overheating.

No cases on either phone or key tested.
It's meant to be a convenience factor, for me it's just a PITA.
Appreciate 0