Rep
Drives: E46M3, G05X5

Garage List
2019 X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggalanis View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenac View Post
This doesn't make sense at all. Have you performed auto parking? It stops the car switches gears and steers.. Mine auto stopped me from hitting a curb while parking already. Perhaps it was due to my auto hold being engaged??? Got to a speed at which it just went into it?? If you watch the You tube videos it shows it stopping before impact during parking as well... Guess I'm lost as how mine did it, maybe certain situation?
Yes I have auto parked. Yes it does it all. It is not that the hardware or softwre is not able to do it. As russelldav pointed out, the auto braking is supposed to only work in reverse which was not the direction natahoa was moving.

With that said, it is a horrible design. If they did it for reversing, they should have implemented it for going forward as well with options to disable either one if the driver wants. To be fair though, with all the available camera angles, visuals, beeping, etc, as long as you know it will not stop for you, there is no reason to bump into things.
I know we're on the same page regarding "horrible design", but there are plenty of reasons for it to work even with the camera "capabilities" when those cameras will regularly show your back up camera when going forward and turn off by themselves in the middle of parking maneuvers willy nilly — X5 camera handling software is currently stupid, buggy, and unsafe as well.