View Single Post
      02-01-2020, 08:15 AM   #52
TurtleBoy
General
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i,2021 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtwo3 View Post
TThat being said, charging a starting MSRP of $86k for an LX with decades old technology/driving dynamics is my point. It's an anomaly to their luxury on a budget value prop. If they're going to price it above the Germans, it's an opportunity to build something that offers more than just reliability. The fact that they don't is manifested in their sales (at least in the US market).
I was just making the comment regarding Lexus in general. As far as the LX goes, I wonder if they figure they wouldn't be able to compete with the higher selling large luxury SUVs without making drastic changes to their philosophy and investing a huge amount of capital in development. Given that, they just offer the LX and take any sales they can get since their initial development costs have been recouped many times over it becomes a high profit vehicle for them even though few units are sold.

I found this chart of the 2019 US Large Luxury SUV sales, as you alluded to, their sales are way behind the top sellers.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
wtwo317971.00