08-31-2020, 02:51 AM   #31
ND40oz
Major
Rep
Drives: M2 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukd X6 View Post
Huh

I believe you'ed be in luck if you look up a dealer in Virginia (DMV) area , Alexandria, VA or Silver Spring, MD .. I personally remember these guys do sell some on and off...

You definitely DO NOT have to be a US citizen nor have a SSN to buy one... opening a US bank account is an easy thing to do .. passport and an address in US (can be a friend or a relative) and your physical forign address for W84 form (forign tax exempt form) stating you are a forign passport holder and so on... (this info is coming from personal experience)

Many dealers do give you the hassle of having the car for 6months but you can definitely find a way with them.. especially that these two states deal with many forign diplomats and people around .. so they are more lenient...

If not you can always get a good deal from UAE bimmers (similar prices of those in US) plus having higher specs as standard options and plus they'ed ship immediately
Were you able to open a US bank account without physically being in the US at an actual branch as a foreign passport holder? If that's the case, then the OP may be able to do things that way. All of the online US banks seem to require a physical address and SSN/TIN to open an account.
Appreciate 0