View Single Post
      04-12-2021, 07:53 PM   #95
MrItaly
Major
Rep
Drives: X5M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by onfireX5 View Post
When you get a chance, comment on the Driving Dynamics between the X3MC and the X5MC. I had an F85 and loved it. Perfect size. Handling was a bit loose, but great for it's size. Wife's X3MC is like a Sports Car. Firm ride, but drives smaller than it's physical size. I still keep thinking about a new X5MC though....same engine that my F95 had....some positives....
If you are familiar with the F85, which I am (sigh) not, and your wife has the F97, you've pretty much got the basic differences down already from the sound of it. I certainly felt more plugged in to the F97 physically with the slightly smaller cabin and lighter frame overall. Granted, at a somewhat athletic 200 pound 5'9" build, the seats were a bit narrow above and below. It felt nimble for a SUV, if that's even possible. Throw in a stage two tune running an ethanol blend, and it was pure adrenalin. Whenever the dealer flashed it back to stock, it was a painful reminder of how much untapped potential that inline six had.

Now, the F95 is more spatious inside with seats that fit me like a glove, but you certainly feel that extra thousand pounds in the chassis. I can't tune the F95 yet, so stock they seem to be about equally quick much to BMW's marketing chagrin. I'll need a full tune again to do a proper apples to apples comparison. Regardless, I wouldn't go back given my towing requirements and the additional luxury afforded by the X5. Massaging seat, B&W sound, additional interior LEDs, much better autonomous driving in stop and go traffic, V8 sound and torque, and towing capacity... To name a few. Overall, it is a great upgrade that just needs a tune.....
Appreciate 1
onfireX53618.50