View Single Post
      01-03-2020, 05:36 PM   #643
ToddBlack88
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4MC 2010 F650GS

I did a gut and Reno of a fair amount of this old house in the last 8 years. I posted the yard and laundry room a number of pages back, but I figured I would post the basement and mud room I did about 2 years ago, and kitchen and main bath I did a few years before that.

When we purchased the house we knew it needed a lot of work, but it’s the best we could afford in the neighbourhood we wanted. It was an almost all original 1967 house, with a condemned deck amongst many other problems.

The decks we did within 4 months due to safety and having a little one.

The next was kitchen and main bath. I don’t have a before picks of the main bath but imagine 1967, with an 80’s update using 24x12x3/4” dark green floor tiles on the floor.......but also the tub walls. When we pulled all that tile, and the kitchen slate floor that was installed sometime in the late 90’s, none of the doors on the upper floor would close anymore. Lol. No biggie as I replaced all the doors anyways, but funny.

Anyway....pics

Kitchen before. The cabinets are original built in place, but painted.

Gutted it. Moved the door to the deck to where the sink was.

Kid helping during cleanup

Cabinets going in. I had a buddy who does this for a living, hang them for me.

Before and after. Still needed to paint the French door. The cabinets are alder doors with maple boxes. Drawers are the same maple. Counters are quartz.

Appreciate 6
RickFLM410971.00
wrickem2101.00
DETRoadster11462.50
Ickdeep5720.50