Quote:
Originally Posted by atl_1M View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTENGR View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by atl_1M View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by turcoferno View Post
GA400 North I was about to get the 22" wheel/tire combo as well but changed to 21" wheels after my final test drive with a 22" on the same highway. Car was very quiet on all other roads I tested but once I got on GA400 and went up to 70mph it got loud. I experienced the same noise as car passed over each expansion joint on the concrete highway. I wonder if other owners reporting quiet rides are also driving on concrete highways or just asphalt. I am guessing this is just the nature of the low profile tires on those 22" wheels.
Ha, yup 400N. I posted the video from there to show how loud the tire sound can really get. But it's still there even on less rough roads, and mostly gone on the smoothest. But the dealer apparently swapped the tires for new ones and the sound is still there. So they called the district engineer to come take a look. I'm waiting to hear what he says on Monday, but at this point I'm thinking they'll say it's normal. Just really surprised not many others are really complaining about it since it's hard to overlook. Sound gives me a headache on long stretches of highway. Even my 1M is quieter on the highway. Oh well, I'll see if they can try out the pirellis to check if sound is less. But I may just have to deal with it. Hopefully there are more quiet tire options available by the time they wear out.
I live in Alpharetta so drive GA400 quite often. I haven't experienced this or any above average road noise. Definitely not something that has me regret my choice. Those 22" make the car.
Do you have pirelli or contis on your 22"?
Contis. I'm about to hop on 400 to see if my new crossbars whistle so I'll also check again for this noise, or any noise.

As for replacement tires, there's an all season 22" that's oem on Bentley. I think they're Pirelli tires. Pricey at $2,000 for the set but should give better noise and ride comfort then the UHP summer tires.
Thanks, look forward to hearing back. And if you tell me you don't hear anything, I may ask for a ride so I can believe it for myself haha.
Just drove down from exit 9 to 7... Over 70mph. No noise except for a very slight thud when you go over the expansion joints. Barely audible over the wind noise. I have a video but not sure how to post.
You're kidding... In order to post, I just upload to my YouTube login and then send out the link. If you'd be willing to do that, would be much appreciated.
Thanks for posting. Your tire noise is definitely much more muted than what I hear from mine. I think I'm going to see if I can test drive one off the lot with a similar setup to hear for myself if they come back on Monday and say it's normal.
Appreciate 0