Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by x5mad View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by pho View Post
I've never heard of a dealer compensating the car financing for the period of unavailability and would be very surprised if they'd do that. They're a private company selling franchise products, if anybody is going to compensate you it will probably be BMW Belux, I imagine they are ultimately responsible in case of warranty issues, not your dealer.

I feel for you, I've been in a similar situation and it's beyond frustrating, especially if the communication is lacking!
Always keep in mind though: they want to find a solution just as much as you do :-)
I second this.

When we had issues with our brand new X3 as in literally drove out the door and had electrical issues, we contacted BMW as the dealer could not rectify and was just letting a brand new car sit in the dirt with very little communication.

I demanded the car back and took to another dealer who managed to solve the problem.

All in almost a month of not having the car, I suggested Bmw compensate me for that month and they obliged. Very quickly actually, quite impressed.

Fast forward a few months and similar issues occurred. I went straight to BMW and suggested they extend my warranty as my faith in the car was dwindling. They extended the manufacturers warranty another 2 years on top of the new car warranty.

So yes go straight to Bmw, never confronting but firmly state what it is that needs to be done in order to restore faith in the brand and make you whole. I think it's best that you have an idea of what it is you're looking for.
I agree, I did compensate twice by BMW Canada.

My car was in the garage for 6 weeks to rectify KAFAS camera issue and once again it went back to dealer for the same reason and stayed for 8 weeks.

Both times BMW Canada compensated me.
Appreciate 0