View Single Post
      01-08-2019, 11:52 PM   #1
jpSQLDude
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3 M40i

Tracking my custom Arctic Grey Metallic 2019 X5 XDrive 50i

I plan to update as my order progresses...

Order Date: 12/10/2018

"PRODUCTION BEGINS"date: 1/7/2019

Expected finished "Final Assembly" date -- and date I pick up at factory in South Carolina (!): about 1 week. I will post pix if y'all are interested -- and if they let me take 'em!

OVERVIEW:
I wanted 3 cars in 1: a work truck, and luxury cruiser, and a sports car. I know I compromised on each one, but this is the best I can find that accomplishes all 3 very well.

So that's why I got the X5 and not the X3, which handles better and gets better gas mileage than the X5. Because the X5 is bigger, and tows more (that's why I got the tow hitch), so it is a better 'work truck'. Same reason I stuck with the default 20" wheels and tires -- better for "off road", such as it is with this ride.

And I got the Dynamic Handling Package to make it more like a 'sports car', knowing full-well it's not an M5! And the DHP also actually makes it more of a luxury cruiser/more comfortable on road trips.

And I got the Bowers & Wilkins and Acoustic Glass because I love audiophile sound, even though I've never heard this exact system. I hope its actually worth it! And that is why I had to wait until December to order -- that was the first time I saw the B&W available on the online configurator. Which is also super-annoying because I had to extend my lease, which means I had to pay to register for another year here in California... yuk!

I had originally ordered with Coffee Extended Merino Leather, but then I saw some better pictures online in the sunlight and it looks friggin' orange like basketballs... yuk! So I switched to black on the last possible day to make changes. Also my current X5 has Vernasca leather which feels like friggin' cardboard... double-yuk! And also you can only get cardboard-Vernasca on an X3, triple-yuk!

I got the Matte trim because I live in SoCal and it is always sunny and stupid shiny trim is always blinding me and is stupid.

My one real spurge was the glass controls. Not even sure if I will actually like them, but you can't get 'em on the X3, so I felt like I should add 'em on in. Hope they are elegant and not tacky.

ORDER DETAILS:
  • Exterior: Arctic Grey Metallic
  • Interior: Black Extended Merino Leather
  • Trim: Anthracite-Brown Poplar Matte Finish Wood Trim
  • M Sport Design
  • Executive Tier
  • Premium Package
  • Executive Package
  • 20" M Star-spoke bi-color wheels, styl e 740M with all-season run-flat tires
  • Dynamic Handling Package
  • Luxury Seating Package
  • Parking Assistance Package
  • Acoustic glass
  • Glass Controls
  • Trailer Hitch - 7200 lb Towing Limit
  • Bowers & Wilkins Diamond Surround Sound System
Appreciate 1
r33_RGSport12972.00