Rep
Drives: E36, E46, E90, G05 and MB W205

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle_bmw View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by samvora View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by samvora View Post
So I am not sure what am I doing wrong but the download to my phone has finished and every time I drive the car the connected app connects to the car WiFi and Bluetooth and the display on the app just keeps saying uploading to car. There is no progress whatsoever for like 30 to 40 minutes (that is the longest I have driven in this covid situation) and I have also tried letting the key fob sit in the car along with my phone and the car battery turned on (just 1 step prior to ignition) and after 5 minutes the car turns itself off even though I had left the door open. Does this mean that the upload to the car from the phone will happen only when I am driving the car and not even a parked car in P with the engine running?
Really? No one?
I had this issue initially but my mistake was I connected to my home WiFi and not to the car's WiFi ("BMW#####"). After that the progress indicator wasn't stuck at zero anymore, even before I took the car out for a short drive. When I got home I let the car running until the upload is complete.
It has downloaded to my phone alright but it just keeps saying uploading to the vehicle and the vehicle screen keeps saying that the preparation for the automatic download will begin soon.

I have ensured that my phone is connected to my car WiFi and the Bluetooth is connected as well. I kept the car running for 45 minutes today with my phone inside and still both, my cellphone and car screens kept saying the same thing. Eventually I turned off the car and was like screw this shit and made a service apt. Needed to go in for a few things anyway but kept delaying it because of the covid situation.

If you guys still have any tips then please let me know as I now want to go through this remote upgrade just out of curiosity of how well it works or not. Clearly at the moment it is not working out at all 🤷🏻*♂️
Appreciate 0