Major General
Croatia
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by thereef510 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryK4 View Post
What am I missing? I selected M Sport in the configuration. This option includes Adaptive M Suspension. There is an option to add 2 axle air suspension for $150. By selecting the Air option, does that remove Adaptive? It did not warn me of that change.
No, you cant have both the M adaptive suspension and the air suspension, you have to pick one or the other. If you get the M sport package, and select the air suspension package, then you get all the cosmetic M sport package changes along with the air suspension. And the only way to get Integral Active Steering is to get the air suspension; you cant get that with the standard suspension or the M adaptive suspension. the air suspension does, however, come with an 'adaptive' mode, which many of us who have it, really like it. It drives in comfort most of the time unless you step on it, then it gives you a nice sporty feel. It also pre adapts to the road surface if you are driving somewhere with the navigation system to give you route guidance. The adaptive suspension obviously has both of those things, but the ride is firmer than the Air, and no IAS.
I would like to add that also you can go for M proffesional suspension..its based on M adaptive suspension with added active roll stabilisation and with stiffer suspension.
Appreciate 0