Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
I Can Do That In My Sleep...

I had a very interesting experience which I thought I'd share here.

I've been working on a complicated algorithm for the last 2 or 3 weeks and the final resolution of the problem set has eluded me for the last few days. I have been close but upon checking work, it was always slightly off. It has really hacked me off.

Now here is the rub and please bear with me: My current gf is several years (16) younger than me and had never seen The Wire. This is something that was intolerable and I had to correct immediately. For the last 10 days we've been binging it and finally finished on Sunday. She loved it.

Last night I dreamt that I was sitting with Lester Freamon from The Wire in the crappy office they used and he was walking me through the problem set. Once he finished the explanation I awakened and went to my office and made the changes, "Lester", explained in the dream and "BAM"...problem solved. I sat there stunned for a moment the got up and made my coffee.

My general problem solving methodology is to study a problem and all of the information I can put my hands on with regard to it's solution then think intensely and model as much as I can. I can't ever remember a solution coming to me through a dream in this manner.

Does anyone else have this experience? If so, please share.

Cheers-mk
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 100 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One. The Centurion.
Appreciate 4
overcoil3078.50
vreihen1615488.50
yco5763.50