02-21-2019, 12:48 PM   #104
EJELITE
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 S5 cab | 2019 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bichoo View Post
What? Ur going to drive a loaner instead of the X5 for weeks? I got the steering twitch too once but it was only after driving off in extreme cold.
Given that there is no firm date yet for the fix, i'm just surprised that you would drive a loaner instead. The twitch is that bad for you i guess eh?
The colder the weather the worse the twitch gets, and it's cold in AB for the next couple weeks. I haven't actually driven my G05 for nearly 3 weeks now because of the freezing temperatures.

I think it's complete nonsense that BMW NA has been aware of this for many many weeks and has no solution, so I'll gladly rack up the miles and rock chips on a loaner car until they sort their crap out.

Any steering issue is a safety concern, and if everyone with this problem took the same position and refused to take their G05 back until its fixed, I'm sure it would be more hastily addressed by BMW. At this point, costing them every day with a loaner is the only leverage I have with them actually fixing the problem.
Appreciate 0