View Single Post
      02-20-2020, 02:57 PM   #39
VTENGR
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MystroX5 View Post
You should touch up chips as you finds them in a reasonable time. Even though it’s a aluminum hood, contaminants can get in and sit on the crater and over time create weak paint in that area. Then when you do fill it in, the repair may become compromised. I’m not saying you have to run out every other day and fill-in the chips but you should do it reasonably quick and in the right weather conditions. So for many of us in cold weather climates, if you don’t have a garage you may want to wait at least till spring to do your repairs. You will also find psychologically if you repair stone chips as you see them, you won’t feel so overwhelmed if you wait a year and have to do a lot at one time. Detailing a vehicle is fun and rewarding and your left with a new looking car. Recon a vehicle just plain sucks. Always try to stay ahead of your vehicle and that includes removing bird/bug droppings ASAP. On vacation, I would visit my X5 in the parking lot and use detail spray to touch it up almost every day. Bird droppings are pure evil to paint.

One of my early morning X5 visits while on vacation in Florida to remove any bird droppings or excessive pollen. A unintentional side benefit was most were scared to park around a immaculately detailed new BMW X5.

I mean really, how am I expected to enjoy Disney World every day with a dirty BMW in the parking lot back at the resort??

FYI: for those of you that cant regularly wash your car, this waterless spray and wipe is amazing.
It’s a notch above detailing spray for a dirty car. It’s a game changer for keeping you ride looking perfect all the time.
The McKee’s 37 Waterless Wash was all I used the entire 2200 mile road trip and it removed rain and road grime like magic. Just use a lot of microfiber towels. After returning home and after a proper wash, my paint (Carbon black) didn’t have any hairline scratches from using the waterless wash. I was shocked. I used it on every surface from headlights, windshield, paint and even wheels. No more finding public U-spray car washes on road trips. This has become my magic bullet in keeping my cars clean on trips.

I now keep it in my M2 Competition, X5, truck, etc.. all the time.

I can’t recommend it enough:
https://www.mckees37.com/mckees-37-w...ash-combo.html
For those of us with ceramic coatings, will this be OK?
Appreciate 0