View Single Post
      01-08-2019, 12:38 PM   #11
mynewx5
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MystroX5 View Post
Yes. I also told this to my CA and he couldn’t believe it so we did test in the parking lot. He stood behind the x5 as I backed up and I tapped him. We tried this test several more times and I hit him every time. This means if you left your kids bicycle behind the vehicle or there’s a kid standing back there and you’re not paying attention to the screen or the warning beeps you’re going to hit them.?????

You might want to put a cardboard box with a towel over it and try this yourself at low speed. Backing out, your vehicle should/may apply auto braking. Since no one has actually seen this feature work I am skeptical.

UPDATE: Just called genius vehicle should automatically stop in these situations. He recommends me taking my vehicle for service thing for this feature? So I would test your systems in a similar way perhaps this is a bug.. Genius says if you have “Automatoc PDC activated” it should brake automatically. The issue I see is this “Automatic PDC activation” shows on the menus as activating parking view when approaching an obstacle at low speed.. My vehicle does that but doesn’t mention anything about a auto brake activation, just a camera operation.
Something isn’t adding up.
So they are saying it should work this way in both forward and reverse? I was aware the car had auto emergency braking while moving forward, but have never seen anything about reverse. Did you get your CA to stand in front of the car as well?
Appreciate 0