natahoa
Retired soccer mom
United_States
Rep
Drives: x5 40i 2019

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTENGR View Post
Not trying to sell GLE's here - but the GLE's 3rd row is optional and the starting price is 56k for the 350 (not sure why anyone would buy this one, though b/c the engine is underwhelming) and 61k for the 450. Sounds like you may have been comparing the Mercedes GLS (their flagship SUV) with the X5, when a more appropriate comparison would be to the X7.

The GLE 450 compares very favorably with the X5 40i. Cost wise and option wise. Each have their strengths and weaknesses. It all comes down to preference.
I agree. After driving one MB and hating it, I never looked into MBs further. This video was very informative and next car I might take a harder look at them. Even a certified used might be a good option in the future.

I wanted a luxury suv, did no research, drove three cars and choose the bmw. Even after months of research, I still think I made the best choice.

Usually, car shopping is kind of a nightmare. In four years, when my warranty is up, I’ll be much better informed about cars in this class, and what will work best for me long term!

I really appreciate ALL of the input here. It has really helped me understand the issues, big and small.
Appreciate 0