03-07-2020, 07:56 PM   #7
James_G0540i
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5 G05 40i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Maboomba View Post
I just installed the OEM Gloss Black Shadowline Grille and I'm not too thrilled by the fit. It feels and fits like an aftermarket part in my opinion. You can't tell there's anything off from a few feet away with the hood closed but when the hood is open or you're poking at it there are some panel gaps and flex.
That's interesting.

I bought the after-market eBay version from a seller in Taiwan back in September last year (before the OEM grill came out), and it fits perfectly.

I did a walk of the new car showroom at my local BMW dealer (while I was waiting for my car to be returned from a service), and checked out the black OEM grill on both an X5 & X6 on the floor. Both were equipped with the shadowline M package.

The black grills on those cars felt quite light and slightly flimsy, to the point were I could bend the vertical slats on the grill by pushing horizontally with not too much force.

The version I bought from eBay feels heavier, thicker, and made from high quality automotive ABS plastic. The fit is perfect, no gaps or warps anywhere. Its black gloss finish is perfect. I would go as far as saying it's quality is better than the OEM.

So much for OEM parts....

Here's the link to the eBay part, the seller still has them ...https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2019-For...wAAOSwrrldsq5b

Last edited by James_G0540i; 03-07-2020 at 08:12 PM..
Appreciate 0