Paladin1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 iX xDrive50, DGM

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjordan93436 View Post
Makes sense. Mac addresses can be and should be unique. But they are cloneable and spoofed. Cell phones regularly change Mac addresses to discourage tracking. I do not think Verizon would have a deny or allow list by Mac addresses.

Serial number? I don’t know how Verizon could use that.

I suspect that this is a FCC requirement. All transmitters need a license
However I suspect that no one registers. These have been in X5 for awhile, and tech support was clueless.

So.... place cell phone in cradle then it works. I will checks for bars on the phone white the car off and then on. There should be an improvement
This. FCC requires it, but your carrier and/or your service department may be clueless and frankly are unlikely to care. Registering does nothing except meet the - very - strictly legal requirements. I suspect 90% - or better - of cars on the road have unregistered units, and of those 90% - or better - are unaware there is even a requirement, or have read the manual. Mine is registered, but I had to explain it through several levels at AT&T. All my previous most recent cars with cell phone connectivity, which may or may not have had such a device, were never registered, and I don't recall a mention of it in any of their user manuals. I expect BMW is just being thorough.
Appreciate 0