vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickFLM4 View Post
Since that topic was raised, I hope everyone has gotten it done. Prep sucks, but procedure is nothing since you sleep through it. Really important.
Nope, not happening. My doctor asks at every one of my monthly (yes, monthly) appointments, and I keep saying that nobody is driving the wrong way up my one-way road!

Let me throw in the background info that my doctors have yanked my competition license, banned me from being outside, and do not even want me driving on the streets other than to/from work and doctor appointments. My ticker only has 15-18% function, and is so electrically mis-wired that I'm running 100% electronic. No arc welders, radio transmitters, racing, or any of my other old hobbies.

If that isn't enough, I lived for two years with a 24/7 IV infusion pump of heart medication through a tunnel port in my chest. No swimming, no showers, no going out in the rain, and no trips out of state because the IV company couldn't ship across state lines or even provide a dressing change without a doctor from the other state signing for the prescriptions.

In all seriousness, they tried to put me on permanent disability three years ago. I told my cardiologist that if they would not let me go back to work that I wanted a referral to Dr. Kevorkian for a second opinion! Did I mention that I don't have much to live for other than my DW...and I'm worth more to her dead than alive.

So, when the doctor asks why I'm refusing this one test, my response is that I want one last surprise in my life...and they shouldn't take that last wish away from me.....