LogicalApex
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW 530xe

Garage List
2020 BMW 530xe  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcphoto View Post
The USPS should be allowed to die, it is inefficient and propped up only because it's a Government Entity. Notice how the tracking system is vague when you attempt to track a package? I ordered a video mic last week out of NY, it made it's way to LA before finally being delivered in Nashville ten days later. Let it die, let a private company do it better because how much do you use it anyway? I think 2-3 days of service a week is all that's needed, at least for residential service.
I haven't had any issues where I am. TBH for me the Post Office has been far more reliable than UPS or FedEx who have been delivering packages late more often than not and those packages have ransom "delays" thrown into tracking or just plain missed delivery with not tracking updates for a few days.

But I think the part lost on people like you who are hoping the Post Office goes under is not fully appreciating the reality that unless you live very close to a major city deliveries to you are unprofitable. There is nothing that stops UPS or FedEx or any other delivery service from delivering packages to you. Even the UPS and FedEx handover to the USPS is done because they are passing an unprofitable delivery off to the PO. Without the PO they just wouldn't accept that package for delivery.

Although, honestly. I'm fine with the PO going under. I live in the center of one of the largest cities in the US. I'll never have problems with deliveries to me as density ensures profitability no matter who takes it up. I'm not interested in subsidizing deliveries to rural and lower population centers anymore. They should have to pay the extra charges or have regional pickup centers they have to drive to pick up their stuff. Not my problem
Appreciate 1
Dpc2u11503.00