View Single Post
      05-16-2020, 03:16 PM   #15
PYE46M3
Captain
Rep
Drives: E46 M3, E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poiseuille View Post
also noticing repeated delays in delivery, an unreliable tracking system and inexplicable routing. regarding routing: i live in a small state but almost every time routing looks like it's tracking a pinball game instead of mail.
all the above is fairly recent as others have suggested but erratic delivery is the least of my problems with USPS.
during the last 20 years USPS quality of service has deteriorated to the point where it is now dangerous to use them for anything important or financially sensitive.
EVERY week i get mail addressed to others, sometimes in different towns. mail i expect never appears. couple times a month i receive mail that has been opened, subscribed magazines that have been read (for example Roundel might arrive without its plastic sleeve) or magazines that never arrive. I have received year-end brokerage statements addressed to some one else. pretty uncomfortable to know that my own financial records sometimes travel the same way because i don't get a choice.
only once i went in person to complain to the local postmaster. it's uncanny how effective civil servants can be at subtlety letting you know that what you're engaged in is a-really-bad-idea. never did that again.
so i'm definitely in the let-them-go-bankrupt camp. fact is the USPS has been chronically bankrupt for at least a decade, probably more.

multi grazie to the OP for providing this opportunity to vent.
agreed 100%. I get all sorts of sensitive information delivered to my house and its not even my mail. Usually its a neighbor down the street or next street over.
Appreciate 2
Dpc2u11503.00
Poiseuille5362.00