11-06-2020, 06:59 AM   #53
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS | 85 of 592

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonG67 View Post
I upgraded yesterday and my previous coding got wiped - no big deal as I can recode but a bit annoying and I don't know if there's a way to make the features sticky for next time.

Things like traffic light assist are maybe 1 step closer, but what I don;t know is how much of the car is upgraded this way. For instance I presume other modules may need to be upgraded at the dealer (I don't want to flash any of the modules myself) as features may also be based on the istep rather than just this update. Am I right in thinking that?
If you FA code, then you'll retain some features as long as the code was available when initially ordered as it will upgrade the entire ECU to what it thinks you should have. Downside is that it's much easier to identify the coding if someone is poking around.

All the FDL coding will get wiped to factory for the particular istep. The new istep might require a few more code adjustments to get full feature. I think anti dazzle comes to mind. If you saved each cafd file after coding you can easily load those up and recode, but then add any extra tweaks that are necessary.

Some things are istep dependent.
Appreciate 0