11-11-2008, 06:13 PM   #46
nmulax
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4 M Coupe

Garage List
2007 Z4M Coupé  [7.66]
Glad I stumbled across this thread... was just telling the GF that I think I want a 360 or PS3 for xmas.

I'm probably the farthest thing from a video-game junkie.
I have a PS2, bought it refurbished like 3 years ago, and a whopping 4 games (GT4, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, Tony Hawk: American Wastland, and Splinter Cell). It sees weekly use as my DVD player, but I only dust the games off every 3-6 months when I have an itch.

Obviously I don't want to spend a ton of money on something I occasionally use; another reason why the 360 was at the top of my list with the discounted prices. But the whole RROD thing has me worried. Is this still a concern with the recent production units? Is it more of an issue on machines that are put to constant and continuous use?
I figure it'd be a fun way to connect with my friends from home and college (who are spread across the country) since they all have 360's; but at the same time, we have different taste in games, and I don't know how often we'd really hook up to play online.

Also, not sure which system offers games more to my liking.

I like racing games: GT4, Forza/GRID, etc. Though I'm leaning more towards the more arcade style games then the true simulator. Sure GT is accurate in driving dynamics, but it's not a game you can pick up and play for 30 minutes then stop.
I REALLY want to get the upcoming F1 game by Codemasters (almost reason alone to get the 360).

The only other stuff I've really played that I liked, were stuff like Grand Theft Auto, Ninja Gaiden, and COD (think it was #3).