Rep
Drives: '21 Mineral White X5MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2019x5User View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnewnam View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bills Oil Company View Post
I've had the issue happen in various types of weather. Sun and rain. Day and night. I can't figure out a culprit. I brought it to the dealer once and like others have stated above, BMW is hesitant to fix it yet. However, they did say it can be a problem due to direct sunlight. Then I showed the SA a picture I took when the warning came up at night, so there goes that dumb excuse. lol

I get about 3-4 warnings per week. I am documenting each time. Once i get to 20+ i am calling the Genius hotline. Then plan on going to a different dealer with all the documentation.
I brought notes and photos of the errors to my dealer a month ago and they tracked it down to a bad KAFAS. Took a while to get the part in. Getting replaced on Wednesday.
There are two types of errors:
1. Drive assistance support reduced
2. Drive assistance temporary reduced

Which one you saw?
Temporarily reduced. Also had an error about parking assistance reduced as well. They said they found codes that matched what I was seeing and were told by BMW to replace the KAFAS Camera. Would have been done sooner but they said there was a new version/part number that they wanted to use since I wasn't in a rush.
Appreciate 0