09-11-2019, 11:32 AM   #1160
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Now_Rudi View Post
I started mine last week. I'm doing the same as you. I don't eat past 4:00 p.m. other than pre-workout, whey protein and recovery, 1800 caloric intake, 30 minutes of cardio on lift days and 1 hour of cardio on my off days. The small amount of chub I put on during the my short bulk is dropping fast. I may cut a little longer than I had planned to get as lean as possible before I bulk again.

I'd also like to thank Rmtt for some solid advice. By no means am I huge, but definitely seeing results. Getting leaner and seeing more muscle mass in a short period of time. I catch people staring at the veins, popping out of my forearms, like they are boobs or something.
Your doing all the work man. That's what I love about bulking and cutting. You bulk until you tend to "spill over", and then cut until you like what you see. All it does is prime the body for the next bulk cycle even if you are alternating between the two frequently.

It's a lot healthier too. Your A1C levels will start trending downward, and anytime you can increase insulin sensitivity...you tend to partition extra calories when bulking into the muscle more readily. And as time goes by you start to build up some insulin resistance and your body will eventually get to where it doesn't care where it deposits excess calories...it's just going to store them.

The way I look at it...it's a marathon. Might as well look good while you are doing it!