View Single Post
      01-01-2020, 05:20 PM   #1
Mjbmw1
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 M50i

Exclamation US Spec with Euro connected drive 2020 X5 M50i

Alrlight guys, I finally got all features working on a US SPEC X5 M50I. I sent emails to BMW CEO for NA, and DE. I complained about the process how it makes no sense with the Technology in the car that this would not be possible. I found schematics that showed all the LTE bands that it supports and called them out saying there was no differences between the modules and I told them i was will to buy new hardware just to get this to work in Europe. Well all the hard work paid off and I was able to get it activated in Europe. I have upload the video of the features working.

The current TCU/TCB that came with the Car is US Version. No hardware changes made. I made calls to the BMW connected Drive Team in Europe and in the US. I think it was BMW DE that got the US team involved to finally figure out the issue. I thought I was out of luck when they told me I needed to replace the TCU/TCB unit. I called around and guess what they would not sell it to me because my car VIN didnt match the German system. Serveral calls to BMW DE informing them that I could not replace the part because its not possible to order the EU version. They came back and said well we will see what we can do. Well 2 months later all features are working

I am currently trying to figure out how to code or trick the car to register to Germany Connected Drive. I was able to get logged into my Connected Drive US. I am not sure if it was by having my phone share its Internet connection or some how Telematics works overseas. I have asked BMW service for this information
Example from someone else's car.

No Coverage As Of: 11/14/2012
Expiration Mileage: 50,000
DAVIS #: 0
Assist Safety Plan expires: 11/14/2012
Assist Conv. Plan expires: 00/00/0000
TCU ESN / TCU IMEI: 10215544996 ACTIVE
TCU MIN: XXX-XXX-XXXX
MDN / MSISDN: XXX-XXX-XXXX
Vehicle Production Date: 2008/01
Motor Type: S65
Platform/Engineering Series: E90
Wholesale Center ID/Loc: 20416 - 01
Wholesale Date: 03/10/2008
Retail Center ID/Loc: 24618 - 01
Retail Date: 11/14/2008
In-Service Date: 11/14/2008

But they were not able to give to me. I have the latest BMW ISTA-D Rheingold 4.21.12 with Enet cable and bimmercode with wifi OBD

I was able to get the dealership to add Europe Maps.
Now I want to figure out Connected Drive.

I was thinking if I am able to get TCU ESN / TCU IMEI I can take this to any provider and get it activated.
I have an connected drive for US and Europe. When I add the vin on US it says
The vehicle cannot be added to your account.
No data was found for this Vehicle Identification Number.

But when I try from Connecteddrive.de
CONFIRM SECURITY CODE.
Note: For security reasons, you need to enter a security code. This code has been sent to your vehicle. You will find it in the vehicle in the ConnectedDrive menu under "Messages". The security code is valid for 4 hours only. If you cannot enter the code within 4 hours, please request a new security code after that period has expired.

Security code:

So I know it will work just gotta figure out how to get the Vehicle esim activated in Europe.
Since in the US At&t is used all the Telematics are GSM LTE. No change to vehicle should be made just maybe on the Connected Drive system it has to be charged.

Anyone have any information on this I would appreciate it.
Attached Images

Last edited by Mjbmw1; 03-24-2020 at 10:26 AM.. Reason: Finally got it working
Appreciate 2