View Single Post
      01-08-2020, 06:03 PM   #71
CoolStory
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 i40

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexGT View Post
My humble advice: DON'T buy/use Racechip.

I purchased two Racechip boxes for two of my previous BMWs, one for the M235i and one for an F15 X5 30d. BOTH boxes gave my cars problems, ECU errors and on both I got stranded on the road, both engines got a "protection" reaction while driving and I was forced to shore off the road, turn off the cars so I could pop the hood to disconnect those useless boxes. Once I disconnected them, both cars went on like nothing happened.

I call this company RACESHIT since then. Hope this helps.

Can't comment on Burger Tuning tho.
I'd have to agree. I went to a professional tuner who's a Master BMW Tech and has 3 Master Techs working under him. The guy I spoke to highly suggests doing a flash tune if you're going to get the most bang for your buck as well as have the least amount of issues. They sell the piggybacks but he told me to stay away from them. The chips/piggyback options used to be decent but as of late these newer vehicles truly need a flash to get everything done correctly and safely. And since I can flash it back to stock in a matter of seconds if I decide to take it to the dealer, it's a lot less of a pain in the ass than trying to unhook all the junk under the hood as well as the wire feeding through the engine bay into the firewall to plug into the inside of your car for bluetooth support.

So far, I can't believe the amount of power I'm getting.
Appreciate 2
AlexGT419.50
Jenya B144.00