View Single Post
      01-09-2020, 05:48 PM   #21
wanman
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninefourteener View Post
I hope so..... but I had a pretty serious issue with "Korea" in general.

My wife drives a (US spec) 2016 Hyundai Tucson..... so of course, we brought it to Belgium with us.

After many, many, many attempts at trying to load European maps onto her Navigation...... and after searching countless forums.... and even purchasing European maps to load....... Nothing.

Apparently, "Korea" in particular, is especially stingy with their software. In fact, I read there was such a problem with Koreans, buying US spec cars, and then having them shipped to Korea.... FOR LESS MONEY THAN WHAT THEY COST TO BUY IN KOREA..... that Hyundai has taken every measure possible to prevent software interchange.

The only way I can get GPS in my wife's car is to buy an aftermarket replacement unit.

Now.... how will this apply to a BMW?? I'm not sure. But, you should be aware of the background.

Ninefourteener thanks for sharing!

Here in Korea all things seem much more difficult than need be.

I would like to try first to get the BMW maps/navigation working. I cannot see any technical reason why it won't work. My 2020 X5 has the MGU ID7 Head Unit and BMW Live Cockpit Professional (S6U3A).

For CD there may be hope but feel I need to gather more technical details. I wander what are the differences if any between a US & Korean spec X5 with regard to the cellular technology used for CD in each vehicle. After all I'm sure that all these BMWs in Korea with Korean spec are using CD and have the BMW Navigation working.
Appreciate 0