View Single Post
      02-07-2023, 07:14 PM   #81
PandaSPUR
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Subaru BRZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by arRod1981 View Post
Are the Laser Lights truly gone? I know it has been said they were going away, but there are 3 different headlight designs from the pictures I've seen.
  • The first is missing the Cornering Light
  • The second has the Cornering Light
  • The third has the Cornering Light and blue elements like the pre-LCI Laser Lights. The third picture came from the BMWUSA website.
I was wondering the same thing. They're gone from the X3 and X7 so I assumed they're gone here too, but that third picture is interesting...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAtoMA View Post
I recently put down a deposit for an ~April 2023 X5 50e build. I'm cautiously optimistic about this refresh.

I'll have a hard time parting with my X3 M40i (my favorite all-around car ever) but look forward to fewer trips to the gas station given my city driving patterns.

Here are some thoughts:

Awesome:
  • The rear tail lights are much improved. They have a point of view and look much less "bug eyed."
  • The 50e wheels in the press photos are gorgeous. I hope these are all-season because I''m never again making the mistake of buying a wheel that doesn't support all-season (such as on my 21" X3 wheels...). The tire swapping is a hassle.
  • From the below photo, looks like I can get Bowers and Wilkins on the 50e. YES.
  • I really like the seat pattern in the below photo. Might anyone know if these non-leather seats are as comfortable as the leather?

Hmm:[LIST][*] The price is obnoxious. I'm going to load it up fully and might also cross-shop against a Cayenne at this point. But BMW tech/automation always win.[*] While the front end looks much better for the base model (even despite the simpler headlights), I wonder if the M Sport front end will look great in anything but black. Since I wanted to get Dravit Gray, I'll need to do a long think about color. Any suggestions here?
Cayenne price gets obnoxious pretty fast too once you start adding options. I was comparing the Cayenne GTS Coupe, X6M, and GLE 63S Coupe. Aside from being the slowest of the three, it was around 10-15k more if optioned to be equivalent to the other two.
Appreciate 4
arRod1981912.00
bmwauug248.50
T_U_D6679.50