View Single Post
      01-24-2015, 10:43 AM   #25
brianeck
Part Time Firetruck Crash Barrier
Rep
Drives: 2022 M340ix Mineral Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by K19BMW View Post
I spent a little more time looking at the Mido watches. I'm still not a fan but they aren't as bad as I originally thought. I think whats throwing me off on them is the multiple chronograph buttons on each side and the left subdial. The left subdial doesn't seem to match the rest of the watch. The watch is very sporty overall while the left subdial seems very classic, almost Movado like. And chronograph buttons on both sides is too much for my taste.

Overall Graham watches aren't really my style either. I prefer a less busy watch face with chronograph buttons that aren't as "in your face". Although the Grahams Silverstone Time Zone Automatic is pretty nice looking.
Those aren't actually chronograph buttons. Mido has some interesting complications that they throw into play. If you look closely at the picture of my watch you'll see the "Diver's Bezel" is actually underneath the sapphire of my watch. The lower left "button" as you called it is actually a secondary screw down crown which operates the Dive bezel. The crown is unscrewed then unlocked and the bezel rotates freely. It's a quirky little complication that I really liked. The upper "button" is a screw down date adjuster. The two on the right that traverse the crown are standard screw down chronograph buttons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K19BMW View Post
Im not particulary a fan of Breitling so my vote is for the Tag Carrera Heritage.

Have you thought about Omega at all? I have 2 speedmasters and I love them.

On a side note, wow that Mido is one UGLY watch and nothing screams pretentious like buying something because its not "mainstream" yet.
Really? I mean I was just trying to pass on the idea that there were similar brands that are less known that offer comparable styles. Tag and Breitling are some of the most common watches on the face of the earth once you get out of the entry level market at this point. I wasn't trying to be pretentious, and you bashing the **** out of my watch was pretty childish too. You just insinuated that I was pretentious while calling my watch UGLY (notice capitals) while knowing nothing about the brand at the time (as you admitted you did some more research on them later) My watch is just one example. Mido actually designs a lot of the movements for Omega so bashing it and recommending Omega is also a very interesting and under informed move. . . Talk about the pot calling the kettle black here jeeeeeez.

Anyways, OP, go with the Breitling it seems like you have your heart set. Sorry to have gotten off track I was just trying to point out the fact that I was shopping Breitling and ended up going Mido because I liked the complications.

m340ix Mineral Grey/Tacora Red
Appreciate 0