11-06-2019, 07:55 AM   #88
randybobandy
Rick James
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by natahoa View Post
My car is still in the shop.
Five weeks today, and they can’t get a straight answer from BMW when the bumper cover will arrive. Everything else is done

I’m SO over this.
Has anyone traded a nearly new BMW for another brand? What was your experience?

I know I’m under water on the value but I’m back to thinking it might be worth the financial hit to get a car that is actually repairable should the need arise.

I was too lazy to go back and reach a bunch of the replies, but is your insurance covering it? I would assume the damage is much more than your deductible. Do you have a rental vehicle under your policy? I can see why the dealership might not do the loaner, as it isn't their problem (other than the parts delay). I went through the same thing with the windshield. I guess there was some fault with something to do with the heating. It took about 3-4 weeks, which seemed crazy. The only rational explanation I received was that they are cranking these vehicles out, so the replacement parts are few and far between.

I wouldn't take the bath on trading the car in. It's a great vehicle, which caught you on a bad day. You would be hard pressed to find something else, especially after taking the hit on the trade. Hoping it won't be too long for you!
Appreciate 0