03-15-2020, 03:11 AM   #11
Deda
Major General
Croatia
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bancroft View Post
Deda, I liked your comment haha. It's not like Christmas lights, it's not that bad haha. I don't think it's over the top. I understand the controversy but it's just a matter of personal preference. I don't like things that are over the top plus I'm still considering the idea of reducing the overall brightness.

I also wanted to see what the overall look and feel would be with the blue shutters - which are not even available on the X6. I think the blue flaps change the color of the light and it's more of a white/blue light when you look at it from certain angles.

Also the illuminated grille looks different when you're standing right in front of the car (picture 3) as opposed to seeing the front of the car from distance (picture 1 but zoomed in).

It's still decent. I'm starting to like the idea of having the LEDs turned on in the upper part of the grille rather than both but I'll do more testing.

Right now, the grille lights up together with my lights when I unlock the car and stays on up to the speed 3 km/h. Then the grille turns itself off and only regular lights stay on. I'm going to change that though so that the grille can be turned on with Home lights AND when I unlock the car AND stays on even while driving (up to any speed).

The grille lights up only when it's dark - I guess the car's internal system knows when to turn on the regular lights.
Hello,

I am happy that you can take a joke!

Good luck and enjoy your car!

Deda
Appreciate 0