Drives: 2022 Porsche Boxster GTS

Garage List
  [0.00]
2022 Porsche Boxste ...  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lumpydog View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidRobot View Post
No movement on mine, have a feeling it's going to be much later than expected. I'm not impressed with BMWs inability to meet their timelines and the awful online tracking system.
I'd agree the tracking system is pretty bad. It's a shame because it could be much more accurate and that would unravel a lot of the confusion people have with "where's my car?". Between the garage/tracker, automated line and the Geniuses, the information is inconsistent and not necessarily accurate.

I think this is exacerbated by the fact that it seems like their are some part shortages here/there and they are also catching up with issues being found now that vehicles are out in the wild.

Add to all of that, factory closure for Thanksgiving and the upcoming 2-week closure. Things aren't going to go any faster is my guess.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhfrye View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidRobot View Post
No movement on mine, have a feeling it's going to be much later than expected. I'm not impressed with BMWs inability to meet their timelines and the awful online tracking system.

Mine hasn't moved either, but as of now I do have a new estimated completion date of 12/20/2018. Original was 12/14. We'll see...certainly not holding my breath.
If mine is delayed to next year (for delivery) I'm likely going to cancel it. I don't like how broken the system is when they know well in advanced what's needed and set the times internally. To me it's not acceptable to make a timeline as a company and fail to meet it with no explanation when customers are waiting. I've made arrangements for my X5 assuming it comes this year which is really a crapshoot right now. I'm not going to keep changing things around because of failed communication from the factory to sales and corporate.
2018 BMW M2 Mineral Grey(SOLD)
2019 BMW X5 50i Carbon Black/Tartufo (SOLD)
Appreciate 0