08-19-2019, 12:58 PM   #1180
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
Rep
Drives: 14 Sahara/08 335xi/22 Maverick

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatchGuy View Post
If you knew football, youd say Romo in this era of the game. Aikman was a worse passer than Dak fyi. Winning is a team sport. It's not all on the QB. Romo had a shit defense and oline for the majority of his career. Thats not on him. Fun fact, hes the only qb in NFL HISTORY to pass for 500yds and 5tds and lose a game. And FWIW, Dak is the 2nd winningest QB since entering the league behind Tom Brady, so he wins the winning argument as well. If Aikman was currently up for an extension with his passing stats through 3 seasons, people would be shitting on him much more than they do Dak. He didnt even make the playoffs till his 3rd season, and had a 14-24 record.

Dak is 1-2 in the playoffs also. Rookie season, lost to Packers despite scoring 31pts... The defense shit the bed and Dak was the only reason we even had a shot at the end. His other playoff loss was to the Rams this last year, and again, the defense shit the bed allowing over 200yds rushing. And again, Dak was the only reason we were even in the game.

The needs help argument is a shit argument as well. When rodgers has a bad year, everyone goes "well he had no one to throw to" or "he had no hb" or "His oline was shit". But when Dak does good its "He has a good wr" or "He has a good hb" or "he has a good oline". There is only 1 qb in the league that consistently does more with less, and that is the GOAT Tom Brady. Everyone else in the league needs things around them to succeed, because again, its a team sport.
Everything falls on the QB both good and bad. Yes, team sport as the special teams, D/O lines, secondary, backs/WR’s need to pull their own weight. However, you and every Cowboy fan I know keep proving my point that you guys are OK with regular season accomplishments but no hardware to show for since Aikman left. Romo was a GREAT October performer which is why I call him Mr. October (sorry Reggie). So please, keep throwing Romo’s regular season numbers around as that’s what is most important to you over playoff accomplishments which Romo lacked. And you cannot have it both ways, Romo put up great numbers in the regular season and praise him while you say coaching and the defense or whatever excuse you want to say isn’t Romo’s fault in the postseason.

Like it or not these are facts. Romo didn’t get the job done in the postseason, otherwise he would have the hardware, right?

As for Dak, he’s still young but I don’t see him leading/winning a Super Bowl. I’ve stated my opinions before on Dak but I think he’s a watered down version of Romo. And again, Dak is the 2nd winningest QB behind Brady since he entered? Ok and, you want me to give a standing ovation? Cowboy fans do whatever it takes for some spotlight but if you knew football, it’s the postseason that matters the most, not regular season accomplishments.

Come back when Dak wins a Super Bowl or at least gets far into January.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cotmfk View Post
Hey now - don't sleep on the Redskins! We have ALL the QBs!

You’ll miss Mark Sanchez.

Last edited by F30lolz; 08-19-2019 at 01:06 PM..
Appreciate 0