08-03-2015, 05:01 PM   #16
Cloud9blue
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: around the potholes

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ_3 View Post
Already have PU and solid bushings plus getting a half cage soon. I'll definitely wouldn't be running anything aggressive on track, it'll be detuned. Want something reliable and efficient. It'll also be easy to tune for more power as my skills improve. I know a guy that went through a few sets of hybrids and warned me to stay away. They're good for street cars and trap decent, but they can't take the abruse on the track.

As always, I'm open minded. What is the better way in your opinion?
Additional power is like the last thing this car need for a road course. And do you really think the chassis is going to be able handle the 3600lbs weight and close to 600 hp at the crank reliably? If your stock turbos are fine, I just do t see the rush to upgrade. Given that you are still running stock cooling systems, you are still far off from utilizing the current power output, let along the additional 200hp.

I honestly think you would be better off spending that money on additional seat times and wearable items like tires and pads instead. Try do some gather some telemetry data and see what you can really improve on.

And if you really want to spend some dough on the car(I totally get that mod bug feel, went through that phase as well), I would suggest switching to full M3 control arms and a set of high end 2 way dampers like motion control or JRZ.

On the other hand, if your turbo is going out, I would wait for the release of stage 2 from Pure, which is the only shop on our platform with any real quality control capability (just FYI, both RB and VTT has outsourced components and jobs to Pure that they just don't have the capability To carry out themselves).

Last edited by Cloud9blue; 08-03-2015 at 05:08 PM..
Appreciate 0