02-04-2015, 06:41 AM   #28
pgviper
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3m40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigilante375 View Post
No, those owners are pushing the car near the limits...as the say 8/10s which is pretty damn close to a "Pro" driver. They are doing 30 minute sessions, not a couple laps to get a feel for the car/warm it up then 1 lap to set a time.

I truly believe that this car needs to be broken in properly since GM has nanny'd the ECU.

How did they lose you at the straight line aspect? Its already been confirmed, lots of times, that the aero package on the C7Z inhibits its ability to go fast in a straight line after 120 or 130 mph but it keeps it planted through turns to keep the speed up (as shown in this article).

Also, I know of only 1 "stock" C7Z in the 10s (barely) and he used DRs to achieve it and his MPH was 128. Everything else I see is 11s.....I like to see what you're talking about.
My comment was def an over reaction. There is already a guy with headers, some type of intake mod and a tune that pulled a 10.5 and thinks the car is capable of hitting a 10.2 or 10.3. I'm not one to obsess about quarter mile times but it is a good indication to the increase in performance mod's yield.

I am def no expert but to pick up anything more than .5 seconds due to headers/intake and tune is WILD! If anything, the increase should be smaller than lets say a camaro zl1 which is also a FI car. THose guys usually pick up about .3 seconds from those types of mods. I really just find it so bizarre at how much this car is held back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FC4 View Post
It's not a break-in or transmission issue. The car has overly conservative fail-safes programmed to the ECU reigning things in at elevated oil temps. However this is very easily programmed out while still maintaining very safe parameters and many have done so. I haven't had the car on a track yet and unfortunately I won't be able to experience this since I already got tuned and run it on E85, but I never experienced any issues on the street when bone stock.
Honestly I just find this whole "pull timing" thing so bizarre. Its as if GM put some witchcraft into this car.
Appreciate 0