Thread: Watches
View Single Post
      01-06-2013, 10:47 PM   #95
The1
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: white 135

for the money, skip the U-boat, they tend to be gigantic (though cool in their own right) but it seems you are avoiding that style now, which is what I would group the Hublot in somewhat.

Panerai sits on the fence for me for that styling. (I own a panerai, it has it's uses, mostly used in boating season)

It's sounding to me like you are appreciating the more subtle watches on your wrist at this point, so I would go with what some others have recommended, JLC reverso 1931
I know you said no omega, but try on a Speedmaster Professional before you completely take it off your list (not just the regular speedmaster, has to be the professional if you want watch afficianados to take you seriously)
The Tag Monaco is a nice watch, but being from Tag, it is a bit of a fence sitter. It is one of the few watches by them that the watch lovers will take a bit more seriously. Especially in blue. I was wearing that one yesterday actually.

Rolex submariner no date is one on my list, but the only reason I hold back, everyone recognises a rolex on peoples wrists, and I don't want that kind of attention for myself.

The Cartier Ballon Bleu is a neat looking watch, very classy.

unfortunately your price limit is actually a very hard one to hit. there's lots of watches in the 3k range, and lots in the 7K+ range, that 4-6 is a bit elusive. there's a major quality shift when you're playing in that area.

Best bang for buck watches on the market in my opinion are from Nomos Glashutte They are all in house movement and decorated like 7-10k watches for between 1500-5000. German made to go with your German car.
Appreciate 0