08-15-2013, 10:13 AM   #13
RandomHero
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i e92

Quote:
Originally Posted by beemerdude5150 View Post
Watch just got sold. Yeah I said sorry about the error. If it was a fake Im sure one of these pros wouldve put it on blast already. Anyway thread can be closed now admins.

Chill out random guy. Was not my intention to piss on you and call it rain.
I am excellent at spotting replica/fake Rolex watches and Montblanc pens. I’ve written several How-To’s about spotting fakes for both.

It sounds like you are fairly new to the world of timepieces/watches so I’ll say that it is impossible to confirm a Rolex’s authenticity even with high definition pictures. Recently, a friend of mine sent me about 10 ultra high quality pictures (with a dslr camera) of a Rolex Daytona 116509 he had inherited from his grandfather.

-It passed the basic gold test with a magnet (he did not want to do an actual gold test by scratching off some of the material)
-The dial was correct
-The hand lengths were correct
-It had a serial number which was correctly numbered for the time period
-It had an automatic movement that had a 48+ hour power reserve
-He even took it to a local authorized Rolex retailer who could not confirm it was a fake

Long story short, the watch was sent in to Rolex for a final confirmation. When they opened the case, they concluded that it was in fact a replica/fake.
We are talking about a replica of a $35,000 watch that was inspected by several experts both online and in person and it still could not be confirmed to be a replica until it reached Rolex’s official repair center.

I hope whomever bought the watch from you plans to send it in to be authenticated. I would really hate for someone to buy a $3000+ replica.
Appreciate 0