08-13-2019, 11:44 AM   #9
Tenac
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: All

Quote:
Originally Posted by G050i View Post
Nice. A few questions if you dont mind:
1. How have you been liking it compared to previously? Are you getting a more throaty/louder note at low RPMs regardless of what drive mode you're in?
2. Any crackles or burps?
3. Did you disconnect it from the exhaust itself or pull the fuse from the fuse box? No CEL?

Lastly, do you recommend doing it?

Thanks
1. Can only notice at start up.... So really I just been to lazy to reverse it bc I cannot tell any difference other than startup....

2. In Sport plus, while really getting on it say up an on ramp you can really hear the burps at shift. Now down shifting hard you can hear pops. It is not as easy to make the sounds as the wife's X3 M40i but it does the same as hers just with more RPM's and hard decel.

3. I disconnected it from the exhaust by unplugging the connection. I did so by starting it in Sport Plus on a cold start they open right up (verified by a camera down the exhaust tube). Once unplugged they stay in that position.

I have called a few places in the US that say they will have something soon. None are very open to timing or anything sadly..... Recently I have called a couple custom shops they are interested but prices are way to high for something that hasn't been proven out to me.... Intake I'm not concerned with on the 50i they seem to have plenty of flow.... Just looking for sound as of now, and maybe tune and performance later down the road. BUT then again I just got done talking to dealer about ordering a M8 Convertible COMP. I might just go that route and use the X5 as a daily still.
2015 M235 Manual
On the list for the M2 CS
Appreciate 1