View Single Post
      02-18-2020, 12:39 AM   #5
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

Vancouver is my favorite city, easily been there over 40 times. What's nice is the downtown is large enough to feel like a decently sized city, while being small and safe enough that you can walk anywhere in a reasonable about of time. I have yet to see a cleaner, safer city in North America. Vancouver really comes alive during the summer...but you'll have a good time regardless.

The Waterfront is the quieter and more scenic part of town. Fairmont Pacific Rim is my favorite property there, but the Fairmont waterfront a block away is nice too although older. A more reasonably priced but still decent hotel in that area is the Marriott. Vancouver's waterfront is my favorite of any city I've been to. The views are spectacular and it's clean, safe, and goes all the way to Stanley Park.

The downtown core is like 10-15 min walk away. The area around Nordstrom/Pacific Centre/Robson are the heart of the city with plenty of good shopping and foot traffic. Pro-tip, if you want Canada Goose buy it here because prices are hundreds less after conversion. Hotel Rosewood Georgia is a nice boutique property, Fairmont downtown is more historic, then a couple blocks away are the Trump and Shangri-La (probably Vancouver's most impressive hotel in my opinion).

Must do's:
- Bike ride along the waterfront and alongside the seawall around Stanley park. It only takes like 60-90 minutes and has amazing views. The Fairmont hotels have complimentary bikes for guests.
- Cafe Crepe on Robson...the Nutella and cinnamon crepe the be specific
- Breakfast at De Dutch on the waterfront
- Dinner at Cactus Club Cafe on the waterfront for the views
- Evening drinks at the Fairmont Pacific Rim...very lively atmosphere, live music, etc.
- Capilano Suspension Bridge, a short drive away and well worth the cost.
- See to Sky highway between Vancouver and Whistler. One of the most scenic and fun drives ever (with the right car )
- If you're into Indian food, Vij's is probably the most famous spot. My personal favorite is Tasty Indian Bistro. Their original location is Surrey near the border, but they've got a location in Yaletown too.

I'd also recommend talking a stroll around Gastown, it's the oldest part of the city and has some really neat restaurants and bars at night time. Yaletown is on the other side of the city but is nice to check out after dark...good bars.

Last edited by Germanauto; 02-18-2020 at 12:53 AM..
Appreciate 1
XKxRome0ox1587.50