Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 X5 35i, '20 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifr View Post
I'm not a fan:
- it spoils the view during the day
- it no longer allows the roof to fully open like it did in the F15 - that was awesome on a hot summers day with the windows down. Almost like a convertible. Now we have a few inches to play with (that's what she said)
- I had to pay more for the privilege

It looks OK on a night I guess but as the driver I never notice it. The novelty wears off with guests and the kids too.
-although i'm the one always driving, i dont think it 'spoils' anything during the day. it lets in plenty of light and you cant even really see the etchings during the day.
-i've never once opened the sunroof on my f15 or this one, so i cant comment. I'm not big on opening the windows (im a neat freak and hate dust, i have towels, paper napkins, and microfiber rags in the car and i wipe it at long stoplights constantly), I always just have the A/C on, so maybe this can be an issue if you open the sunroof, but as I said, its a purely luxury item. It honestly reminds me of the 787 roof with its ambient lighting at the top of the fuselage. idk, we spent a 30k premium to get a x5 when we could have gotten a loaded explorer, because its more 'refined'. extravagance doesn't come cheap
Appreciate 1