02-19-2020, 08:09 PM   #35
Marty in NY
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 21 X5 40i, 18 GTi, Snowblower

Quote:
Originally Posted by thereef510 View Post
I keep a huge white towel on the drivers side for the days when its drizzling or raining and I have no choice but to get to the drivers seat quickly and then I do a very thorough wipe down of all the surfaces that are wet with it. those days are the worst.

I HATED HATED HATED whenever someone would get into my F15 and touch the screen thinking it was a touch screen. Even now, I'm trying to figure out how to control everything with just the idrive controller without having to reach for the screen. the inside of our F15 although 4 years old still looks brand new and I like when people say that, almost shocked that its not a new car. There's no eating allowed in our cars lol.

It's so annoying that I cant easily switch between idrive and carplay without touching the screen, but I have my handy cloth right in the armrest to give a quick wipe most days after a drive. If anything, having nice stuff makes me even more of an anal neat freak
I also keep a towel in the drivers door storage area for the same reason. We're sick! Ok, so even though you and I seem to be a lot alike, I have over the years learned that everything I buy is material and will outlast me and can be replaced. I still am the way I am and like a clean car. Why not try taking a touch screen (iPad) stylus and see if it works on the touch screen? It may still leave a mark if you don't keep it really clean but if you do, it will prevent the greasy finger marks when you have to touch the screen. It seems to work with on our iPad. You can tell your passengers to use it if they feel compelled to also touch the screen or better yet, install a mesh screen between the passenger seat and the dash to keep them away from it. like a taxi in China
Appreciate 1
thereef5101165.00