2019 X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carneylad View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexxM3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by henanwang View Post
I just attach an invoice below.
My invoice looks pretty similar. Can now confirm that it worked today, after subscribing last night: app was installed when I got to the car this morning, quick setup and have now taken a few manually-triggered clips. Hasn't crashed yet. Thanks for noticing and pointing out!
In terms of the front camera that it uses, does it use the external camera between the grilles or the interior one behind the mirror? My external cameras get so dirty they'd be useless in most circumstances. I appreciate that at least three of the four cameras used are external, but I'm hoping that since there are 2 at the front, it'll use the one which is clean for most of the time.
DR uses the 4 "regular", human-oriented cameras on the car, all of which are external (lower front grill, rear liftgate-mounted, and the two side mirrors). The driver assist cameras are never accessible to humans and, I suspect, don't normally present a viable human visual system image as their output — they are clearly intended, optimized, and used for driver assist computer image signal processing functions. For all we know, they are maybe even not visible light cameras (no idea, just pointing out that humans and computers don't need to see the same wavelengths and shapes).

Summary: continue to clean off the 4 external camera lenses every day.