View Single Post
      02-27-2020, 09:48 AM   #714
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Medical personnel (...nurses, doctors, etc.), legal personnel, and military personnel often get a pass.
Yes...often. My wife is a surgeon and rarely gets a pass. Though I think that's often because she doesn't state she's a doctor. And frankly, she won't, unless she legitimately was on her way to the hospital...otherwise, she doesn't see how she can play the doctor card if she was just on her way to get groceries or something like that.

It is a constant source of amusement to me, for she has got to have at least twice the amount of speeding tickets that I do, yet I speed far more often and far faster than she normally does.

I just happen to do it where I feel like there will be no officers waiting and I'm not weaving in and out or drawing any other attention to myself other than my speed and I'm watching a good distance down the road, not that I think I can beat radar, but I don't think it hurts to be aware either. She thinks I'm the luckiest SOB there is when it comes to speeding and not getting caught...and I admit I am pretty fortunate.
Appreciate 2
Sedan_Clan25022.00
Salty Dog3572.50