11-25-2018, 02:02 AM   #9
mbarrett635
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGoodell View Post
If so what are your thoughts? A few pro reviews I read claimed it was not an option they would recommend due to the strange feeling you get when cornering. This would not be good since you need to add this feature in order to get air suspension on the 40.
Actually, you can order them separately, although I've ordered both on my 40i. On mine, the 2-axle air suspension is a no cost option for the M-Sport package, while the IAS is ordered separately as the Comfort Handling Package.

IAS was first introduced by BMW on the E31 8 series (they called it AHK -- BMW loves their acronyms), but only the euro version got it. I know a couple of euro E31 owners who think its fantastic, which is why I ordered it on my G05. I originally thought it was the variable ratio steering that they first introduced (I think) on the F01 7 series, which uses the same name -- that system only changes the degree to which the steering input turned the front wheels, based upon vehicle speed. I drove a 750 with that system, didn't particularly like it. But four wheel steering is something very different, and I look forward to having it.
Appreciate 0