04-01-2019, 03:44 PM   #52
BobBeau
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin_2019_X5_50i View Post
All cars lose 15% more on going through the drivetrain, axle, gears, A/C, steering wheel..etc. and more for AWD cars.

Call BMW and talk to the nice technician and ask him what HP at the wheels was, he will tell you. That’s how I can up with the math. Are you not familiar with this. 456HP x 85%= 387HP. Dyno reads 545HP which is 158HP over stock (WHP) or 158 + 15% = 131HP (a the crank) . So if I or a dealership sold it it whoual be a 2019 BMW “” “” tunes with 609HP!

I think I might get meth injection after my downpipes. In a couple weeks.

Nice #'s bro but don't be naive about BMW's hp and torque factory claims. They are and always have been highly underrated from the factory. Some stock F15 50i's see over 400 at the wheels. No doubt the tune gave you a big increase but it's hard to tell just how much without a baseline. Too bad you didn't get a stock dyno run before the tune. You may have miscalculated your numbers... 545 hp at the wheels would equate to 641 hp at the crank with 15% drivetrain loss. But even the exact vehicle with same motor will have variations in power from the factory. That being said, not all will experience the same amount of drivetrain loss either. It's not an exact science.
Appreciate 0