View Single Post
      07-31-2019, 05:37 PM   #12
RowanBuds
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 3 pedal 718, G05, MkVII GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by radmjk View Post
So it looks like we are all in the same boat so to speak, as far as no one progressing beyond "Production begins". Please update if your status changes. Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcrc View Post
Still "production begins" with 8/3 completion date. I would expect the status to change tomorrow if that date is to be met.
It wouldn't surprise me to see nothing then a jump to 'quality check' or 'carrier assignment'. It wouldn't be unheard of - this happened frequently to people waiting on builds while I was doing the same for the F80 and was very active on the two forums at that time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan321 View Post
I'm trading in a 2018 X3. Carvana gave me less on trade than my local dealer. One gotcha on selling rather than trading in, at least where I live in FL, is that you pay sales tax on the price you pay for the car, not its list price. If you sell instead of trade-in your car you will pay a smaller sales tax than if you sell your car. You got to run the numbers of course to see how much that will be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayshelbygt View Post
Rowan how is your carvana experience? That is what I am planning
Ok, so, I ended up getting about 22-2300 more than the high # I was offered on trade when having 3 dealers evaluate it. The car was mostly an nyc metro local use car and the exterior showed it. I also thought it was in an accident that wasn't disclosed to me when I purchased it as a CPO, but nothing ever hit the title/carfax, so I'm left to assume not. After the tax benefit here in NJ it was somewhere around a 1400 net plus for me to go with Carvana.

I'm not going to comment on the experience until the note through BMWFS is paid off by Carvana. Pick-up Experience:

They picked it up smooth, even earlier than the projected window. I got a call first thing in the morning to clear an earlier arrival and it worked for me as well so I said sure.
Driver was very pleasant, ensured I had EZ-Pass, 12V adapters, seatbacks and doors emptied, etc..
Only had to sign 4 or 5 pieces of paper - 2 related to paying off loan and allowing carvana to do so on my behalf.
Was handed a check for the balance of value.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTENGR View Post
What are you going to drive in the meantime?
I've got two other options, as long as the weather is good and my wife is home. If it's not weather I'll drive the F80 in I've got a MkVII GTI, but occasionally my wife is out of state for work and takes it.

IF all else fails, my home and office are connected by 2 train stops, but the times aren't ideal for my schedule. I can deal for a few weeks /Firstworldproblems.

Le Mans Blue F80 - Munich 5-22-2015 / US 7-7-2015 / SOLD 9-17-2022
ED Recap
Arctic Grey G05 - Spartanburg 8-29-2019
X5 PCD Recap

Last edited by RowanBuds; 07-31-2019 at 06:27 PM..
Appreciate 0