United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 X7 M60i

Quote:
Originally Posted by perikifi View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninefourteener View Post
I know... seems silly.

But, it's a milestone. According to my dealer, a VIN is only assigned to a car the week before it goes into production.

ie: My car is going into production next week.

5UXJU4C08L9B91406

Anyone have a "decoder" tool for that?
It's a great milestone! Go to mdecoder.com. For some reason I am not getting a result, at least not yet. It works with my vin, though.
Mdecoder won't work until after the vehicle is physically built. Throughout my build I used that site and adjusted the last few numbers (the 5 numbers after the 9B in your case) of the VIN to create more of a real-time forecast of my build.

I'd take 9B70000, for example, and go up so 9B80000 etc until nothing came back on the website and then come back down until a car would. 9B75000 —> 9B78000 —> 9B77500, etc. I logged my results in a spreadsheet and averaged out their daily production and forecasted my true completion date. Weeks before my build I had estimated that my car would be built 5 days ahead of schedule. Original scheduled date of completion was 10/28 and then all of a sudden dropped to 10/24 just like my spreadsheet said (or so 1 day off).

I can only laugh at myself in hindsight. I got a little obsessed. In order for the averages to be the most accurate I would check the website at the same times each day. 1 PM was one of them. I had Outlook alerts set and everything. Work would cease to exist at 1 PM each weekday. God help the client that would come in to my office unannounced at 12:55 and expect any attention from me
Appreciate 2
Tek-dad158.50
perikifi165.50