01-29-2020, 08:03 AM   #2
Marty in NY
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 21 X5 40i, 18 GTi, Snowblower

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHARMAATL View Post
Any opinions on the upcoming Genesis GV80? From some of the early videos I've seen, it looks like quite the luxurious vehicle for what should be a much lower price than BMW/Mercedes/Audi.

A lot of reviewers are bringing up the X5 and GLE as being in the GV80's crosshairs.

Thoughts?

Here are a couple videos:
It doesn't look to have any really important advantages over the X5, there are some differences of course but feature for feature, nothing I saw stood out. However, with owners, and onlookers, of the X5 and its reliability issues, people are wanting a competitive offering. Even though this will be the first year out for the GV80, Hyundai's already proven reliability in addition to their longer bumper to bumper warranty over BMW, will take some marketshare.

Its going to depend on its performance figures which are not yet released. The V6, if it does a 0-60 in the 5-5.6 second range and at a final price point of say $15-18K below the X5 40i, may be enough to persuade BMW buyers to make the switch.

I didn't notice any back seat wrinkles The front grill is a little hard to walk up to though - ugh - but all the makes are growing their grills.
Appreciate 1