Thread: Genesis GV80
View Single Post
      01-29-2020, 02:09 PM   #8
Marty in NY
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 21 X5 40i, 18 GTi, Snowblower

Keep in mind that many people initially assemble a spreadsheet when comparing cars. They do this in order to assure themselves that they are getting the features they want. Doing so would put the new GV80 in the running with us. Well, a caveat at this point is that I don't yet know the performance or pricing but none the less, feature by feature from what I saw in the videos, it would compare.

So the fun begins when you go and drive it, (or the Telluride, Palisade, etc) that's when its going to fall apart. That said, for those who are looking to spend a lot less yet still get the features they want might buy it.

If the Korean's really want to compete with the Germans, they will have to put some focus on their powerplant and handling, not just features, fit and finish. I've never driven a Korean car, no clue about them. What I am thinking though is that if BMW doesn't get their reliability act together and deliver on their promises, we will see owners make the switch to something else, just as we have seen by reading their posts on this forum.

Sure, maybe the grass is greener on the other side and maybe after switching they will return to BMW but that's all hindsight that can only be known after the switch.
Appreciate 1